Miller & Kreisel X8
With dual 8” drive units, the X8 provides 100 sq. in. of cone area to move and control air, equivalent to a single 12” driver.
The X Series subwoofers build on the proven M&K Sound concept of dual drivers operating in push-pull configuration in a sealed enclosure for in-room response flat to well below 20 Hz with transient speed, precision and weight that other subwoofers simply cannot match. The X Series subwoofers follow the World Known THX program and each individual model deliver performance well within the very strict THX requirements.
Almost anyone can throw bass in your face, but only the M&K Sound X Series delivers bass in its place, optimally integrated in the overall sonic texture for an engaging, seamless, natural listening experience. Having invented the subwoofer four decades ago, M&K Sound is uniquely qualified to present a new generation of superb bottom-end reproduction systems, capable of astounding, detailed low-end impact and authority.
The all-new X Series 8”, 10” and 12” woofers have been tailored specifically to fulfill M&K Sound’s ambitious performance requirements. They employ open baskets for free air circulation, resulting in minimal mechanical distortion by eliminating any captive compressed air mass behind the cone. Cast baskets also offer a very rigid connection to the cabinet and improved heat dissipation from the motor system for reduced power compression.
The M&K Sound X Series implements aluminum AC shorting rings in the magnet system and aluminum pole spacers above the pole piece. These devices make a significant contribution to the X Series subwoofers’ ability to render extraordinary fine dynamic bass detail with high precision at all levels as the drivers maintain full control and respond instantaneously to the incoming signal, for unparalleled accuracy and authority in the bottom octaves.
- Amplifier Power: 300 Watts RMS / 600 Watts Peak
- Frequency Response: 20 – 200 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0,5 %, 300 Watts, 4 Ohm
- AC Power Consumption: 0,5 W standby, 50 W average, 400 W max.
- AC Line Voltage: 100-230 V AC 50/60 Hz 5A
- LFE Input: L/R Line level RCA & L/R XLR balanced
- LFE Passthrough Output: L/R Line level RCA & L/R XLR balanced
- Switchable Lowpass Filters: Fixed 80 Hz / Variable / No lowpass
- Phase: 0-180 degrees, continuously variable
- Switchable LFE: Optional THX or MK EQ mode
- Dimensions W x H x D: 31 x 47 x 42 cm
- Weight: 22 kg